Thursday, August 27, 2015

Milestone!

I just recently I hit a milestone as a self-published author. You may not think it anything to be happy about, but I'm here celebrating! 

For the first time, someone bought my book through an expanded distribution channel online.

Now, what the heck does that mean? That means that some random person who I don't know was looking through books somewhere online, found mine, and bought it!
Why does this make me so happy? Well, because I haven't been advertising the book through the distribution channel to all my friends (because although the price is the same to the buyer, the profit return for me is a matter of cents). I've been advertising it through amazon and createspace. As a result, all the books I've sold have been from these channels. And chances are, most, if not all the books I've sold are to people I know. (Which, by the way, is AWESOME and I'm SUPER grateful for the support !!)


But then I sold one through the distribution channel. Do you seeing where I'm going here?  Out of the millions of children's books out there online, someone I don't know bought my book, just because they thought they'd like it! This means that my book is "getting out there", and going beyond my own little social circle, out into the world! I know, it may seem a little anti-climactic to be so excited about one little sale...but hopefully "one" will someday be..."more than one"!! :)

1 comment: