Wednesday, December 9, 2015

The Last Month's Happy Moments

It's been a while, so I thought I'd give an update of some happy creative moments from the last month!:

Happy Moment #1: I participated in a craft fair a few weeks ago, and was thrilled to find out that one of my sells was to a teacher of young kids who hated wearing shoes and complained of having itching feet! Bam! So nice to know that Itchy Mitchie is LITERALLY applicable to kids out there who are reading it!  I say that because I didn't write the book specifically for kids with itchy feet at all. It's about something much bigger than that, which brings me to my...

Happy moment #2: The other day, I happened to talk to a parent of kids who bought my book. He is a pediatric doctor and told me the reason he loves Itchy Mitchie is because it's applicable to the children he treats. He talked about how many kids will get headaches or stomachaches from worrying too much or focusing too much on pain or something else, and that the best method of treatment is many times distraction and focusing elsewhere. Some of the best feed back I've ever gotten on my book! THIS is the message of  Itchy Mitchie. That problems - WHATEVER they may be (physical or mental)- can worsen when we focus on them. If we distract ourselves by focusing and engaging in other, positive, productive things, our problems can lessen and even disappear. I know this from many personal experiences, but hearing it validated by a pediatric physician was like, Yes!

Happy moment #3: One of my lifelong passions has always been music and writing songs. I've written a lot of songs over the years. Some just vocal, others on the piano, and most on my guitar. (One of my on-going, never-ending projects is getting all my songs recorded into decent versions so I can remember them!). I haven't sung any of my songs in a live performance since I did something in college called "guitars unplugged" oh...6 or 7 years ago! But this last weekend, I had the opportunity to sing one of my originals at my church's Christmas party. And I have to say that I'm really grateful for the opportunity! The song was "Cold Outside". I wrote it when I lived in a very cold place called....Rexburg, Idaho! Brrrr! To hear it, go HERE. To listen to just a few of the other songs I've written, you can look here.

Happy moment #4: Ok, so of course we have Itchy Mitchie on our book shelf, but I don't usually suggest it and always allow my boys to choose books they want to read on their own. I actually love that they are too young to know their Mom wrote one of their books. It's kind of an experiment for me to see how much they like it or are interested in it on their own. So of course to see them picking it out to read makes my heart happy! :)



Happy moment #5:This week I completed illustration #3 for my upcoming book, due to come out next Spring! I'm almost done with #4, and this project is moving right along!

 I'd say it's been a pretty good month in creating! Until next time!


P.S. If you haven't bought you're copy of Itchy Mitchie yet, it makes a great Christmas present for children of all ages! ;)

 


No comments:

Post a Comment