Saturday, April 9, 2016

This Illustration took FOREVER!

Well, I finally finished this particularly complicated illustration. I think it took me almost 2 weeks to complete (Granted, I can only work on it a couple hours every few days -Mom of toddlers here!). :)

Since I shared a tiny piece of it a few days ago, I thought I'd share the whole finished product. I counted 245 Hand-cut pieces of paper in this one page.


The bookshelf alone, if you look at each piece I had to cut and glue together (each different color is a different piece of paper), took quite some time:



Luckily I'm really happy with the finished product, so I can say it was all worth it! And at this point, I'm more than half way done with all the illustrations. So, hooray! This book is coming along!

No comments:

Post a Comment