Saturday, March 18, 2017

Author Reading

Today I participated in my first ever author reading of Itchy Mitchie! I have to admit, I was a little bit nervous to read my book aloud to a group of adorable little munchkins - after all, one of them could blurt out something like "THIS BOOK IS BORING!" at any moment, but thankfully that didn't happen! And while I went not knowing exactly how it was all going to take place, I'll tell you what, some of the best advice I've ever heard has been: pretend like you know what you're doing and no one will know the difference. So I think that worked! ;)

It was great to connect with the other two talented authors, Casey Rislov and Mary Fichtner, and I learned a lot by watching them read their ADORABLE books (Go check them out Here and Here!). I noticed how they really got the kids involved in the story by using props, asking them questions in between page turns, and telling them what to watch for in the upcoming illustrations - what great ideas!

I also set up an after-reading art project with the kids, which was nice to have something interactive for them to work on.

It was a great experience and I'm so grateful to the Knowledge Nook in Casper for allowing me to participate. Go check them out as well (https://www.facebook.com/Theknowledgenook/)! They are a really fun toy/book store run by some pretty generous, awesome people.

More soon!

Z


No comments:

Post a Comment